Add an online phone number to your account, and have family, friends and business associates stay connected with you at local rates…no matter where you are in the world!
What is an online phone number?
An online phone number allows you to receive incoming calls through your zerofone app instead of on your cell phone line, resulting in savings for you and the people calling you.
How does it work?
You can get a zerofone phone number for most area codes in Canada and the U.S. and 20+ countries, and that number is a local number for the area code you select. So instead of getting your friends, family and business contacts in that country to call you long distance, just ask them to call you on your zerofone number. They can talk to you anytime as if you are right around the corner, and not across the world!
And when you answer your call using zerofone in WiFi, you won’t be subject to long distance or roaming charges, even when you are outside of your cellular network area. It’s a win-win situation!
Example #1: Let’s say that you currently live and work in London (UK) and your parents and friends live in Toronto (Canada). Their Toronto phone number area code is 416. Through your zerofone account, you can get a Toronto phone number with a 416 area code that rings through to your zerofone app. Now your Toronto contacts can call your Toronto zerofone number, and never have to pay long distance when they want to stay in touch with you.
Example #2: Or say you and your contacts all live in the Toronto area, but you travel a lot for business, or other reasons (e.g. for weekend hockey tournaments). When your contacts call you on your cell phone, they don’t pay long distance charges because they are calling your Toronto-based cell phone, but you may end up paying long distance and roaming for the calls if you are traveling outside your cell network’s coverage area. By simply adding a Toronto zerofone number to your zerofone account and having your contacts call you on that, you bypass your cell phone line and those excessive long distance and roaming charges. _______________________________________________________________________________________
Why get a zerofone phone number?
There are so many ways a zerofone phone number can benefit you! It’s great for people who live away from home, snowbirds, frequent travelers, and small businesses. And you can get multiple numbers on a single account, to easily keep in touch with people all over the world.
- Stay closer to your family, friends, and business contacts: by having a local number in their area code, they’ll never have to pay long distance to call you!
- Avoid roaming and long distance charges when answering calls: simply by answering your mobile calls through the zerofone app (use WiFi to avoid roaming)
- Receive calls on iPod touch or iPad: people can call you even though you don’t have a cell phone
- FREE voicemail and voicemail-to-email
- FREE FindMe feature: allows calls to reach you at up to 4 other regular phone numbers you set and can change anytime
- Supports iOS4: receive calls when app is running in the background
- Instant number activation: works as soon as purchase is completed
- Save your cell plan minutes: use less expensive zerofone minutes instead.
- Receive incoming calls anytime: even when there is poor or no cell reception.
- Business owners – have zerofone numbers in areas of the world where you don’t have an office or physical presence, but want to give customers a way to contact you locally
How to get a zerofone phone number
Adding a zerofone phone number to your account is easy and inexpensive.
Step 1: Simply open your zerofone app and press ‘More‘ on the icon bar at the bottom of the screen, followed by ‘My Account’, and then ‘Add New Phone Number’.
Step 2: Browse and select the country, area code and phone number of your choice when prompted on each screen.
Step 3: Complete your purchase by credit card.
For just $4.99/month, plus a one-time setup fee of $5.00 per number, you’ll have a zerofone phone number that is immediately active and ready for use!
Special Promotion: Purchase a zerofone phone number before March 31, 2012 and we’ll waive the one-time setup fee!
Note: To receive calls, you must have an active zerofone calling package with a minutes balance above zero (0); otherwise, calls will not connect.
FREE features included with online phone numbers
FindMe - like call forwarding, only better!
Voicemail - standard voicemail and voicemail-to-email included. _______________________________________________________________________________________
Does zerofone offer toll free phone numbers?
Yes! We currently have North American toll free numbers available. Learn more about toll free numbers >>